[NatureNS] Grosbeaks on Ridge Rd

From: "Judy Tufts" <tandove@ns.sympatico.ca>
To: "NatureNS" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 14:34:29 -0300

We seem to be undergoing a bit of a grosbeak 'invasion' this week. First to
arrive was a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak,  following day two female RBGRs
arrived, then a male Evening Grosbeak turned up.  We haven't seen EVGRs
around here for a number of years. Today the males of both species are
hanging around. What with several recently-fledged families of nuthatches
and woodpeckers chasing their parents for food, our backyard sometimes
resembles a three-ring circus.  I have been hearing from friends that RBGRs
have been turning up at their homes in the past few das too. It is as if a
big influx of them have suddenly arrived here?

Cheers,

Judy Tufts

  Judy Tufts

   Wolfville