[NatureNS] Snake skeleton

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 11:10:59 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

At least that is what I think it is- this is very near a lake so possibly a fish. What I find most interesting about this backbone is the speed at which the ants and/or Scarab beetles or? must have picked it clean. It was not on the woods trail 24hrs before I found it early this morning (last time I walked along that path) so was presumably dropped by a bird yesterday. Now its totally clean of flesh, little or no odour- very efficient work by the insects. It was still pliable when I picked it up but has hardened up since I brought it home.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/43762551271/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/150605880@N07/43762554751/in/dateposted-public/

Nancy D
E Dalhousie, Kings