[NatureNS] Hartlen Point shore access

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: pce@accesswave.ca
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 13:28:13 -0300

We're planning to take a couple of birders from California around the
traditional Halifax-area birding haunts in a few weeks. We're doing some
reconnaissance first, and today went to Hartlen Point. It has changed
somewhat since our last visit, and we were wondering what the current
protocols are.

Specifically, we'd like to get down to the shore opposite Devil's
Island. It seems like the only route is past a gate leading to the Coast
Guard radio installation, which is conspicuously marked with "No
Trespassing" signs.

Is it acceptable to ignore these signs and walk down to the shore at
this access point? If not, is there some other way to get there?

What about the now-gated-and-signed road at the golf course entrance?

We'd be grateful for any info about access to birding sites at Hartlen
Point.

Peter Payzant