[NatureNS] Pure White Sandpiper

From: Rick Whitman <dendroica.caerulescens@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:05:48 -0300
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>, karlson3@comcast.net,

--000000000000f85d3805763abfca

In the rain today, I photographed a pure white sandpiper. I can't detect
any pigment at all in the feathers. The legs appear to be yellow but given
my suspected ID, this also shows lack of pigment. As shown in the first
photo, this bird is as large as every Semipalmated Sandpiper around it so
it cannot be a Least Sandpiper. Given its general body size, shape, and the
other birds that it generally associated with, I do believe it is
a Semipalmated Sandpiper.
Please ignore "Buy Photo" button. I don't sell photos and there is no
charge to view these photos full size. See last three photos at link. You
may also enjoy the other photos here:

https://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-July-September-2018/

Regards,
Rick Whitman

--000000000000f85d3805763abfca

tographed a pure white sandpiper. I can&#39;t detect any pigment at all in =
the feathers. The legs appear to be yellow but given my suspected ID, this =
also shows lack of pigment. As shown in the first photo, this bird is as la=
rge as every Semipalmated Sandpiper around it so it cannot be a Least Sandp=
iper. Given its general body size, shape, and the other birds that it gener=
ally associated with, I do believe it is a=C2=A0Semipalmated Sandpiper.=C2=
=A0</div><div>Please ignore &quot;Buy Photo&quot; button. I don&#39;t sell =
photos and there is no charge to view these photos full size. See last thre=
/div><div><a href=3D"https://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-July-Sept=
ember-2018/">https://rickwhitman.smugmug.com/Nature/Birds-July-September-20=
/div></div>

--000000000000f85d3805763abfca--