[NatureNS] Grey Squirrel

From: George Forsyth <ge4syth@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 21:40:05 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00000000000096b96605781172a7

Hi All,
I regularly walk The Harvest Moon Trail through Greenwich and New Minas
(rail trail) and see all three; Chipmunk, Red Squirrel and Grey (and black)
squirrel most times that I walk. The Chipmunks have been most common,
followed by Red then Grey and lastly black pelage Grey Squirrel (usually in
the same area).
At Miner's Marsh in Kentville both species of squirrel seem to co habitate,
and both have been there for a number of years now.

Is it possible that Grey Squirrels prefer nuts, acorns etc. and that Red
Squirrels can survive with a good cone crop? Maybe with a good mixed
woodland both can survive.

George Forsyth

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 at 11:09, nancy dowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com> wrote:

> A person just reported a Grey Squirrel at a feeder here in E Dalhousie,
> Kings Co. First time she=E2=80=99s ever seen one. I have certainly never =
noticed
> one in this area either.
>
> Nancy D
> E Dalhousie, Kings Co.
>
> Sent from my iPad

--00000000000096b96605781172a7

rail through Greenwich and New Minas (rail trail) and see all three; Chipmu=
nk, Red Squirrel and Grey (and black) squirrel most times that I walk. The =
Chipmunks have been most common, followed by Red then Grey and lastly black=
39;s Marsh in Kentville both species of squirrel seem to co habitate, and b=
v>Is it possible that Grey Squirrels prefer nuts, acorns etc. and that Red =
Squirrels can survive with a good cone crop? Maybe with a good mixed woodla=
Oct 2018 at 11:09, nancy dowd &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:nancypdowd@gmail.com">n=
e" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">=
A person just reported a Grey Squirrel at a feeder here in E Dalhousie, Kin=
gs Co. First time she=E2=80=99s ever seen one. I have certainly never notic=
ed one in this area either. <br>
Nancy D<br>
E Dalhousie, Kings Co. <br>
Sent from my iPad<br>