[NatureNS] =?utf-8?Q?Re=3A_=5BNatureNS=5D_Re=3A_=5BNatureNS=5D_Nelson?=

From: NancyDowd <nancypdowd@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 04:52:44 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

Thanks for your info. I am never sure how fine eBird breaks down their rarity classification within counties. But a Nelson’s is  definitely an unusual sighting around here.

I noticed a nelsonii subspecies reported from CSI lately and yes, they are more likely as an inland Fall migrant in NS at this time of year. The Ontario birder mentioned they see Nelson's in Fall on their return voyage south from the prairies population.

Nancy