[NatureNS] Yellow-spotted Salamander

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Peter Payzant <peter@payzant.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2019 14:17:03 -0400

    &lt;TD width=10 bgColor=#e1ecff&gt;&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;&lt;/TBODY&gt;&lt;/TABLE&gt;&lt
We encountered a Yellow-spotted Salamander crossing the road here in
Waverley today. There are wet wooded areas on both sides of the road at
that location. The unfortunate animal was somewhat injured on the tail -
perhaps a bird attack.

Anyway, we picked it up and deposited it in a deepish ditch with lots of
open water and vegetation.

It was the first time we had seen one of these in the wild and we were
surprised at how big it was.

--- Peter Payzant