[NatureNS] Big Bang ?

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: "Frederick W. Schueler" <bckcdb@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2019 18:18:51 -0500

On 24-Feb.-19 3:25 p.m., Burkhard Plache wrote:

> Another counterexample to your general argument about objects that
> were once close to each other, and now not any more...

* one of the comforting things about science is that one accepts the
conclusions of colleagues in other fields because "we need not wait for
empirical tests to make sure that all our factual theories are, strictly
speaking, false — or put in an optimistic way, only partially true..
because we have introduced falsities into them, in the form of
simplifications, as shown by historical experience and by an analysis of
the way factual theories are built." - Bunge (1963, the Myth of
Simplicity). Since we know all the conclusions are only partially true,
and that everybody is working towards lesser falsity in their fields, we
accept what cosmologists say about the Big Bang, and they trust us that
melanic Garter Snakes are rare in the Maritime provinces.

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          Fragile Inheritance Natural History
Mudpuppy Night in Oxford Mills - https://www.facebook.com/MudpuppyNight/
'Daily' Paintings - http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
   on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain  44.87156° N 75.70095° W
"Feasting on Conolophus to the conclusion of consanguinity"
  -
http://www.lulu.com/shop/frederick-w-schueler/feasting-on-conolophus-to-the-conclusion-of-consanguinity-a-collection-of-darwinian-verses/paperback/product-23517445.html