Re[2]: [NatureNS] Crown land forests - suggestions for ground-truthing sites

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.authcom.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.authcom.com; client-ip=45.2.192.180; helo=[192.168.0.101]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
From: David <dwebster@glinx.com>
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 00:00:36 +0000

&gt; and property values.  Some of those l
Hi Bev and All,
     What you describe certainly sounds like too much of a watershed
scalped at once. This idea of no more than 10% of a watershed clear-cut
in an one decade should be pushed until it is accepted. Leaving a strip
of trees on either side of a brook does provide shade but if the brook
is a washout which then runs dry a short time later then shade is just a
coffin ornament.
     The consequences of excessive cutting rates is almost ancient
history. A stream can be ruined in a very short time and recovery may
take many decades if ever. Cutting is necessary and desirable but soil
and stream degradation reflects sloth.
YT, DW, Kentville.