[NatureNS] Least Weasel Hammonds Plains

From: i <notes2ian@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 11:54:43 -0400
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--000000000000ca38e405836f0203

Just wanted to log the sighting of a beautiful, ermine-esque Least Weasel
at my home in Hammonds Plains. Feb 28, 2019 8:30am.
Pics available.
Not technically rare but certainly unusual to spot.
Also he was rather bold darting in and out from under a wooden crate
nearby, looking at me and hearing me speak to him and fumble for my camera.
We have the luckiest chickens in town as he has not penetrated our modest
backyard coop. (And they've also endured inspections by fox, bobcat, barred
owl, mink and neighbourhood dog, plus whatever-comes-by-in-the-night
unobserved by us)
Cheers
Ian

PS I was promoted to write this post after reading the "fishers" thread. I
saw tracks from one on Fraser lake timberlea three winters ago, for any
locals who might be searching.

--000000000000ca38e405836f0203

que Least Weasel at my home in Hammonds Plains. Feb 28, 2019 8:30am.<div di=
r=3D"auto">Pics available.</div><div dir=3D"auto">Not technically rare but =
certainly unusual to spot.=C2=A0</div><div dir=3D"auto">Also he was rather =
bold darting in and out from under a wooden crate nearby, looking at me and=
 hearing me speak to him and fumble for my camera.</div><div dir=3D"auto">W=
e have the luckiest chickens in town as he has not penetrated our modest ba=
ckyard coop. (And they&#39;ve also endured inspections by fox, bobcat, barr=
ed owl, mink and neighbourhood dog, plus whatever-comes-by-in-the-night uno=
this post after reading the &quot;fishers&quot; thread. I saw tracks from o=
ne on Fraser lake timberlea three winters ago, for any locals who might be =
searching.=C2=A0</div></div>

--000000000000ca38e405836f0203--