[NatureNS] White Point, Queens birds plus

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 16:44:33 -0300

Before I forget we have snowdrops in bloom, for a couple weeks now, croci,
just opened in the past couple days and Tulip leaves shooting up. Rhubarb
has broken ground and garlic is checking out the atmosphere. Haskaps are
budding. Pussy Willows are blooming up by the highway. Squirrels are sipping
sap from Maple buds.
There are three Chipmunks about. I think 5 Squirrels now.

Birds: Fox Sparrows and the American Trees appear to have gone. Today we had
a group of male 9 or more Grackles come in. Around noon a female came in and
shortly after that there were two birds going with nesting material. Lots of
strutting and puffing.
A Brown headed blackbird was here shortly after dawn.  Mourning Doves are
making out all over the property.
No sign of the Tree Swallow today but I was busy in the studio so may have
missed it.
Best regards
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
MargMillard.ca
By Appointment, please