[NatureNS] Common nighthawks

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.authcom.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.authcom.com; client-ip=45.2.192.180; helo=[192.168.0.101]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 06:40:10 -0300

Hi Bernard and All,

     Perhaps unrelated, but if the swarms of Black Flies in the North
Alton woodlot are any indication, birds which eat Black Flies will have
lots of food.

     I was there briefly yesterday and they were very numerous and
hungry. They usually don't bother me and if warm I work without an
undershirt or Fly Repellent in black Fly season but I tried some No Bite
Me, which I had bought for Ticks, and they seemed to like it.

Dave W, Kentville