[NatureNS] Common nighthawks

From: Burkhard Plache <burkhardplache@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 07:59:58 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

There was a single nighthawk over Frog Pond, in the Fleming Park, Halifax,
Saturday near sunset. In other years, there were typically a handful.
I hope more will show in the coming weeks.

There was thick fog over the ocean yesterday, and the edge was not too far from
the Frog Pond. I suspect they breed on the barrens that are closer to the ocean,
and when the fog moves in they move a bit ahead of it for feeding.

Burkhard