[NatureNS] White Point Birds

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: "naturens" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 15:25:35 -0300

We have Tree swallows rushing about busily so we know there are chick(?)s. I
haven't heard a peep for sure but soon... Our Swallows always got their
young fledging on July 1st until the past couple years. Looks like they
might come close this year. There are young Starlings out.  I can't see much
happening with Grackles (not overly sad as there were way too many)  though
so either the Raven and Crows cleaned up or the weather washed them out.
There was a young Robin screeching from the maple along side of the driveway
and Mom anxiously chatting back but suddenly there was a lot of angst and
frantic flying about. Alas no more young Robin.
Catbird showed up yesterday. A few American Goldfinches are back after
dandelion seeds. The apple trees are in full bloom and the Waxwings and
warblers have found them. It is so hard to get anything done inside because
I want to know who is passing through.

Hummingbirds are nesting, or re-nesting now.  I have at least 4 females and
three males attending my feeders. There may be a person coming to study
them, maybe in July, so that could be interesting.
A smattering of Flutterbies. I am seeing the odd Red Admiral, a Sulphur or
two, Cabbages and a few Fritillaries. My sister saw her first Swallowtail of
the season. We have eyes peeled for Monarchs of course. More milkweed have
been planted and more is starting now. I know there will never be too much
food.
There are a few very small softly pale blue Butterflies, I cannot seem to
catch with the camera.  so beautiful.
Oh and I had a small Mourning Cloak about noon.
Marg

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops–at all." (Emily Dickinson)