[NatureNS] monarch butterfly? in Wolfville

From: "Marg Millard" <mmillard@eastlink.ca>
To: <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 08:39:29 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D521C3.84583410

I reported that I saw three Monarchs and my sister another, on the 4th =
of June, at Western Head Lighthouse.  They seemed to come straight in =
off the water, and fly into a stand of spruce trees, no flitting about =
or feeding except for one which was tagged. It settled briefly on the =
hood of my truck. I have no photo and it is I am told the wrong time of =
the year for tagged butterflies
to show up. I could not read the tag. It was one of those moments when I =
was concentrating on something else and suddenly was interrupted and =
switching gears. My sister came out independently and that was when she =
saw one do what I described later on after I left. A friend down the =
shore says he has seen several on his property which is right on the =
ocean
they are definitely here but where are they coming from is what I would =
like to know?=20

White Point Artist, Marg Millard
19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,=20
R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia=20
B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393=20
MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please=20

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tunes without the words
And never stops=E2=80=93at all." (Emily Dickinson)
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D521C3.84583410

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 18pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>I reported that I saw three Monarchs and my sister another, on the =
4th of=20
June, at Western Head Lighthouse.&nbsp; They seemed to come straight in =
off the=20
water, and fly into a stand of spruce trees, no flitting about or =
feeding except=20
for one which was tagged. It settled briefly on the hood of my truck. I =
have no=20
photo and it is I am told the wrong time of the year for tagged=20
butterflies</DIV>
<DIV>to show up. I could not read the tag. It was one of those moments =
when I=20
was concentrating on something else and suddenly was interrupted and =
switching=20
gears. My sister came out independently and that was when she saw one do =
what I=20
described later on after I left. A friend down the shore says he has =
seen=20
several on his property which is right on the ocean</DIV>
<DIV>they are definitely here but where are they coming from is what I =
would=20
like to know? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 18pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: =
#000000">White Point=20
Artist, Marg Millard<BR>19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co., =
<BR>R.R.=20
# 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia <BR>B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393=20
<BR>MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please <BR><BR><BR>"Hope is the thing =
with=20
feathers<BR>That perches in the soul<BR>And sings the tunes without the=20
words<BR>And never stops=E2=80=93at all." (Emily=20
Dickinson)</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D521C3.84583410--