[NatureNS] New bird for me

From: Chris Kennedy <cjkennedy66@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 08:21:11 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00000000000032b536059569e22f

Could be Common Grackles?

They flock up this time of year and have a rather bizarre collection of
sounds.

-chris kennedy in Dartmouth

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 10:43 PM Lois Codling <loiscodling@hfx.eastlink.ca>
wrote:

> Paul, could you give us some more info on your Thanksgiving birds? What
> colour were they? Any markings to distinguish them - eg. wing shape,
> wingbars, beak shape, tail size, facial pattern like eye stripe or
> ring?  What did they sound like?  Did they appear to be eating insects
> or berries (there wouldn't be any blueberries left, would there?)?
> Anything you noticed about their behaviour that would help ID?
>
> Lois Codling
>

> On 10/17/2019 7:01 PM, Paul Ruggles wrote:
> > Hi.
> > Could someone help me identify a strange (for me) bird
> > Was in Parsborough for Thanksgiving and saw two flocks staying together
> - about 20 in each group.
> > Strangest song (or alarm call) the I have ever heard.
> > Birds roughly robin size but bulkier.
> > On a logging road among blueberry Barrons.
> > Paul R.

--00000000000032b536059569e22f

div>They flock up this time of year and have a rather bizarre collection of=
r><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, =
Oct 20, 2019 at 10:43 PM Lois Codling &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:loiscodling@hfx=
te class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px =
solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Paul, could you give us some more =
info on your Thanksgiving birds? What <br>
colour were they? Any markings to distinguish them - eg. wing shape, <br>
wingbars, beak shape, tail size, facial pattern like eye stripe or <br>
ring?=C2=A0 What did they sound like?=C2=A0 Did they appear to be eating in=
sects <br>
or berries (there wouldn&#39;t be any blueberries left, would there?)?=C2=
=A0 <br>
Anything you noticed about their behaviour that would help ID?<br>
Lois Codling<br>
On 10/17/2019 7:01 PM, Paul Ruggles wrote:<br>
&gt; Hi.<br>
&gt; Could someone help me identify a strange (for me) bird<br>
&gt; Was in Parsborough for Thanksgiving and saw two flocks staying togethe=
r - about 20 in each group.<br>
&gt; Strangest song (or alarm call) the I have ever heard.<br>
&gt; Birds roughly robin size but bulkier.<br>
&gt; On a logging road among blueberry Barrons.<br>
&gt; Paul R.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>

--00000000000032b536059569e22f--