[NatureNS] White Point birds plus

From: Helen MacMillan <hmacmillan70@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 10:25:49 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--0000000000006cbd0605a2126475

2 miniature crocuses  blooming -one with a beehive bee gathering pollen
yesterday

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 7:38 PM Doug Linzey <doug@fundymud.com> wrote:

> Not much progress here on the North Mountain. The only bloom in our
> garden so far is one variety of heather. The woods are still full of
> snow, but the vernal stream is running well.
>
> We used to have a nursery witch hazel, which turned out to be grafted to
> native root stock. It started one year to bloom twice -- in the early
> spring and late in the fall -- so we pruned it for half-and-half, which
> worked fine for a few years. It pretty much died last year, so it's no
> longer a cool oddity in our garden.
>
> There were a couple of eagles off the deck today doing a mating dance.
>
> Here's to spring,
> Doug Linzey
>
> On 3/29/2020 4:08 PM, Marg Millard wrote:
> > My snowdrops in White Point, Queens,  are about spent. I say a moth on
> > the window, sorry I don't know what, and a big "blow"type fyl this
> > afternoon. There are the fine buzzy things that aren't mosquitoes that
> > cloud together in sunny spots. No idea what they are either.
> >
> > Late crocuses are now opening. Japanese Quince buds are swelling and
> > Daffodils are developing buds. Maples are blooming. RC Kinglets are
> > still here. Chipping Sparrow is popping in and out, there is a female
> > Cardinal that comes morning and late afternoon and Purple finches,
> > several males and now females as well but the actions.
> > Red-winged Blackbirds are back as are female Grackles.
> >
> > Sharp shinned Hawk is still hunting here most days. Chickadees,
> > Sparrows; Song and White-Throated are here in numbers once again and
> > Juncos both the big dark ones and more locals. Lots of zipping through
> > the trees. Robins are back. Two big Crows seem to have separated from
> > the main group of 7 but are still being checked on.
> > Marg
> >
> > White Point Artist, Marg Millard
> > 19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,
> > R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia
> > B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393
> > MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please
> >

> > "Hope is the thing with feathers
> > That perches in the soul
> > And sings the tunes without the words
> > And never stops-at all." (Emily Dickinson)

--0000000000006cbd0605a2126475

dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 7:38 PM Doug Linze=
y &lt;doug@fundymud.com&gt; wrote:=
ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Not much progre=
ss here on the North Mountain. The only bloom in our <br>
garden so far is one variety of heather. The woods are still full of <br>
snow, but the vernal stream is running well.<br>
We used to have a nursery witch hazel, which turned out to be grafted to <b=
r>
native root stock. It started one year to bloom twice -- in the early <br>
spring and late in the fall -- so we pruned it for half-and-half, which <br=

worked fine for a few years. It pretty much died last year, so it&#39;s no =
longer a cool oddity in our garden.<br>
There were a couple of eagles off the deck today doing a mating dance.<br>
Here&#39;s to spring,<br>
Doug Linzey<br>
On 3/29/2020 4:08 PM, Marg Millard wrote:<br>
&gt; My snowdrops in White Point, Queens,=C2=A0 are about spent. I say a mo=
th on <br>
&gt; the window, sorry I don&#39;t know what, and a big &quot;blow&quot;typ=
e fyl this <br>
&gt; afternoon. There are the fine buzzy things that aren&#39;t mosquitoes =
that <br>
&gt; cloud together in sunny spots. No idea what they are either.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Late crocuses are now opening. Japanese Quince buds are swelling and <=
br>
&gt; Daffodils are developing buds. Maples are blooming. RC Kinglets are <b=
r>
&gt; still here. Chipping Sparrow is popping in and out, there is a female =
&gt; Cardinal that comes morning and late afternoon and Purple finches, <br=

&gt; several males and now females as well but the actions.<br>
&gt; Red-winged Blackbirds are back as are female Grackles.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Sharp shinned Hawk is still hunting here most days. Chickadees, <br>
&gt; Sparrows; Song and White-Throated are here in numbers once again and <=
br>
&gt; Juncos both the big dark ones and more locals. Lots of zipping through=
&gt; the trees. Robins are back. Two big Crows seem to have separated from =
&gt; the main group of 7 but are still being checked on.<br>
&gt; Marg<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; White Point Artist, Marg Millard<br>
&gt; 19 White Point 2 Rd., White Point, Queens Co.,<br>
&gt; R.R. # 1 Hunts Point, Nova Scotia<br>
&gt; B0T 1G0 Canada (902) 683-2393<br>
&gt; MargMillard.ca By Appointment, please<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; &quot;Hope is the thing with feathers<br>
&gt; That perches in the soul<br>
&gt; And sings the tunes without the words<br>
&gt; And never stops-at all.&quot; (Emily Dickinson)<br>

--0000000000006cbd0605a2126475--