[NatureNS] White Point birds plus

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Doug Linzey <doug@fundymud.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 18:56:09 -0300

Not much progress here on the North Mountain. The only bloom in our
garden so far is one variety of heather. The woods are still full of
snow, but the vernal stream is running well.

We used to have a nursery witch hazel, which turned out to be grafted to
native root stock. It started one year to bloom twice -- in the early
spring and late in the fall -- so we pruned it for half-and-half, which
worked fine for a few years. It pretty much died last year, so it's no
longer a cool oddity in our garden.

There were a couple of eagles off the deck today doing a mating dance.

Here's to spring,
Doug Linzey