Climate Change was Re: [NatureNS] Slowdown & Wildlife

ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none;
ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com;
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass
From: Patrick Kelly <Patrick.Kelly@Dal.Ca>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 19:12:22 +0000

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; on vehicles ki
--_000_E4B84B2ADC4843D7BDCD488D22C4AE23dalca_

Not only that, as you can see from the graphic at the bottom of the page be=
low, at least 2/3 of the potential energy in gasoline does not even go into=
 moving a car!

https://energyeducation.ca/encyclopedia/Energy_loss

Electric cars do not have that large loss from heat. friction, etc., and as=
 you pointed out, some of the energy that goes towards making the car move =
can be regained by regenerative braking, also not an option on an internal =
combustion engine.

Pat