Common sense and caution was Re: [NatureNS] Piping Plover,

To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: Don MacNeill <donmacneill@bellaliant.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 17:28:10 -0300

--------------7C397C6CFDFCDD31BB631A77

It is not walking alone in Miners Marsh that is the problem David.  If
the restrictions were lifted there would be hordes of people looking for
places like that to walk, making them problematical in keeping numbers
from being in close proximity. The walks there are also narrow. Why
should a few take advantage of there being few people there when the
rest of us feel we cannot?

Don

Don MacNeill donmacneill@bellaliant.net
On 4/25/2020 2:58 PM, David Webster wrote:

> [...]
> at a minimum distance of 6' in a park ?
>
>     This all reminds me of the MSDS flaps. When I read the one for
> Boiled Linseed oil I noticed that they had omitted the very real
> hazard of spontaneous combustion. When the revised version came out
> the directions were to immerse the material that has Boiled Linseed
> Oil in a metal can filled with water, secure the lid and store it
> outside; no kidding.
>
>     And further, it is very bad manners to wish ill on someone who is
> simply on the side of common sense, rational caution and good health.
> Keeping people cooped up is not conducive to good mental health or
> good physical health.
>
> YT, DW, Kentville
>
> On 4/25/2020 12:26 PM, Parker Donham wrote:
>> Nonsense! This virus is deadly for a few (especially for old people,
>> a demographic that includes a lot of birders) and beyond unpleasant
>> for those who get seriously ill from it. Chris Cuomo, the CNN host
>> who survived a serious bout described it as like taking two shots of
>> Windex and eating a lightbulb."
>>
>> Even if you imagine yourself to be immune from it, you are fully
>> capable of endangering others by defying the Emergency Public Health
>> Order. People can do this for days before they experience any
>> symptoms themselves. I'm sorry you are inconvenienced by not being
>> able to pursue a pastime we all love with your usual abandon. It is
>> far more important to keep yourself and others safe. Walk around your
>> near neighbourhood. Enjoy our more mundane, everyday birds. They
>> offer plenty of delights.
>>
>> If you persist in thumbing your nose at the Emergency Public Health
>> Order, I urge others to report you. I hope your car will be impounded
>> and a fine imposed.
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 10:32 AM David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com
>> <mailto:dwebster@glinx.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi Don and all,
>>
>>         Against the backdrop of endless daily vague jaw wagging by
>>     the premier, and orders in effect to go up to your bedroom and
>>     stay there, it seems strange that no map has been released of
>>     case numbers by County or Nursing Home vs Community. Central,
>>     Eastern, Western and Northern is a crude indication. This failure
>>     to inform combined with the early announcement that Nursing Homes
>>     could not have visitors or release residents for day trips
>>     suggests coverup. This lockdown has no doubt saved lives however;
>>     by decreasing the number of motor vehicle accidents.
>>
>>         A $1000.00 fine for walking alone in a park is abuse of
>>     power. Period.
>>
>>     Yt, DW, Kentville
>>
>>     On 4/25/2020 8:20 AM, Don MacNeill wrote:
>>>     I don't think it is the fines we should be worrying about, it's
>>>     the dangers of spreading the virus through unexpected encounters
>>>     with others or getting into situations where we would need
>>>     medical or other assistance.  I see from eBird reports that even
>>>     some of our executive aren't heeding the instructions.

  <head>
  </head>
      the problem David.  If the restrictions were lifted there would be
      hordes of people looking for places like that to walk, making them
      problematical in keeping numbers from being in close proximity.
      The walks there are also narrow. Why should a few take advantage
      of there being few people there when the rest of us feel we
      cannot?<br>
      Don<br>
      donmacneill@bellaliant.net</div>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:07919d89-1c6e-cbfe-87f7-a18c753c013e@glinx.com">
        there is ample room for social distancing, can endanger anyone.
        nor do I imagine that I am immune. And to top it off, sidewalks,
        unless they are one way, commonly do not permit a spacing of 6'.
        And which is preferable; walking on sidewalks to get exercise or
        walking alone or at a minimum distance of 6' in a park ?<br>
        for Boiled Linseed oil I noticed that they had omitted the very
        real hazard of spontaneous combustion. When the revised version
        came out the directions were to immerse the material that has
        Boiled Linseed Oil in a metal can filled with water, secure the
        lid and store it outside; no kidding.</p>
        who is simply on the side of common sense, rational caution and
        good health. Keeping people cooped up is not conducive to good
        mental health or good physical health.</p>
        wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CANMMkSVgDzpqRUmvpt0RvNqhj1H9_1x+o_ZZfSk3HOVFCVWqGQ@mail.gmail.com">
          charset=UTF-8">
            This virus is deadly for a few (especially for old people, a
            demographic that includes a lot of birders) and beyond
            unpleasant for those who get seriously ill from it. Chris
            Cuomo, the CNN host who survived a serious bout described it
            as like taking two shots of Windex and eating a lightbulb."</div>
            imagine yourself to be immune from it, you are fully capable
            of endangering others by defying the Emergency Public Health
            Order. People can do this for days before they experience
            any symptoms themselves. I'm sorry you are inconvenienced by
            not being able to pursue a pastime we all love with your
            usual abandon. It is far more important to keep yourself and
            others safe. Walk around your near neighbourhood. Enjoy our
            more mundane, everyday birds. They offer plenty of delights.</div>
            persist in thumbing your nose at the Emergency Public Health
            Order, I urge others to report you. I hope your car will be
            impounded and a fine imposed.<br>
            10:32 AM David Webster &lt;<a
              href="mailto:dwebster@glinx.com" moz-do-not-send="true">dwebster@glinx.com</a>&gt;
            wrote:<br>
            0.8ex;border-left:1px solid
            rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                wagging by the premier, and orders in effect to go up to
                your bedroom and stay there, it seems strange that no
                map has been released of case numbers by County or
                Nursing Home vs Community. Central, Eastern, Western and
                Northern is a crude indication. This failure to inform
                combined with the early announcement that Nursing Homes
                could not have visitors or release residents for day
                trips suggests coverup. This lockdown has no doubt saved
                lives however; by decreasing the number of motor vehicle
                accidents. <br>
                abuse of power. Period. <br>
                  think it is the fines we should be worrying about,
                  it's the dangers of spreading the virus through
                  unexpected encounters with others or getting into
                  situations where we would need medical or other
                  assistance.  I see from eBird reports that even some
                  of our executive aren't heeding the instructions.<br>
                    href="mailto:donmacneill@bellaliant.net"
                    target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">donmacneill@bellaliant.net</a></div>
style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:24pt">
                      at Cherry Hill Beach and also of two red-necked
                      phalaropes there.  I'm not recommending that
                      people go there.  As much as I would like to go I
                      will be steering clear as cars are being towed and
                      $700.00 fines being laid.  There is a killdeer
                      near the entrance of the Broad Cove Beach.  You
                      risk the same chance there of the car being towed
                      and fines.  I'm just posting these for the record.
style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:24pt">
style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:24pt">
style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:24pt">
        -- <br>
                                style="font-size:x-small;font-family:monospace,monospace">Parker
                                Donh</b><b style="font-size:x-small"><font
                                color="#333333"><span
                                  style="font-size:13px">
                                color="#333333"><span
                                  style="font-size:13px">  <a