[NatureNS] RE: Common sense and caution

From: Parker Donham <parker@donham.ca>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 23:22:32 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

a crude indication. This failure to i
--000000000000e3e5ed05a4284652

Henk and Jane:

Multiply one solitary, probably harmless trip to a park or a trail by
40,000 or 100,000, and you can see why the Emergency Public Health Order
prohibits it. Many, many Nova Scotians=E2=80=94not just virtuous birders=E2=
=80=94would like
to make such park visits. They are prohibited from doing so because, if
they weren't prohibited, people would die. I want to heed John and Nhung's
injunction to keep this discussion polite and respectful, but it just seems
selfish to make an exception of one's own activities while other citizens
are conscientiously observing an order public health experts deem necessary
to prevent avoidable illness and death during the pandemic emergency.
Incidentally, the number of Americans who have died from Covid-19 just
surpassed the number of US combat deaths in WWII.

Parker