[NatureNS] RE: Common sense and caution

From: Henk Kwindt <hjcbatl@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 21:28:40 -0300
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

&gt;

--Apple-Mail=_8E1CB1B0-1DA4-40F3-ADAE-2515F4657CBF

I am also with Dave on this.
It is not so that everybody has to stay home, as pointed out before. =
There are numerous groups of people that the rule does not apply to. The =
one that bugs me most is that they arranged planeloads of people to come
back from highlyi contagious areas and then depend on =E2=80=9Cself =
isolation=E2=80=9D (except for the first load which was contained at CFB =
Trenton).
Leaving parks and trails open, especially for children and parents would =
have been more beneficial than the negative possibilities. Can=E2=80=99t =
imagine that a  family with a couple of young children in a small =
apartment in the city would benefit from the present rules.
Henk Kwindt, Cow Bay, NS.

> On Apr 25, 2020, at 8:12 PM, David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com> wrote:
>=20
> Dear All and Shouty,
>=20
>     That is a darn good question. How and when this can be done I do =
not know but we need a better Premier.
>=20
>     I wish to emphasize that failure to inform the public is my =
primary concern. Some people, especially those in the food industry =
(Truckers, Farmers, wholesalers and retail outlets), Power, =
Communication, Medical and Emergency related, have to keep working as =
usual. There frequently is more than one way to get from A to B and it =
only makes sense to keep the public informed of unusually high =
concentrations of active cases in the community. For effective =
management of this disease surely this information is extracted.=20
>=20
>     The finest breakdown I have seen is case count by region (Central, =
Western, Eastern and Northern) with Community and Nursing Home numbers =
pooled. Even at the region level why are the counts for Community and =
Nursing Homes not segregated ? WHY ?=20
>=20
>     Apologies in advance for getting beyond Natural History topics but =
a barrier has been erected between members of Naturens and the world of =
nature and it shows.=20
>=20
> YT, DW, Kentville
>=20
> On 4/25/2020 7:35 PM, Shouty McShoutsalot wrote:
>> All
>> We can=E2=80=99t stay on lockdown forever.  The virus isn=E2=80=99t =
going anywhere.  What=E2=80=99s the endgame?
<dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca <mailto:dschlosb-g@ns.sympatico.ca>> wrote:
>> I walked in parks before they were closed and I walk on the permitted =
trails.  If the trails are made one way only, people are quite good =
about keeping the 6 foot distance.  Also, the parking lots can be kept =
closed to prevent the =E2=80=9Chordes=E2=80=9D, and only allow the parks =
and trails that are reasonably open, where people bunching up can be =
easily seen.  One guard in a park like Miner=E2=80=99s Marsh can patrol =
and issue tickets=E2=80=94not for $1000, but certainly for $100.  That =
would be a sufficient deterrent.  People can be scofflaws on city =
sidewalks just as easily.