[NatureNS] Retraction

From: Diane LeBlanc <dianeleblanc616@gmail.com>
To: "naturens@chebucto.ns.ca" <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 02:01:26 +0000

--_000_MN2PR08MB643079BDE37754A6305B962EF6AF0MN2PR08MB6430namp_

Hello all,

Don, your action of probing eBird data to track my whereabouts, and perhaps=
 the whereabouts of other NSBS Executive members, is unsettling, to say the=
 least.  It hadn=92t occurred to me that anyone would use eBird data to tra=
ck people and to do so violates one=92s sense of safety, especially when on=
e is often alone in the field.  To publicly accuse me or other NSBS Executi=
ve members of not following public health and emergency measure orders thre=
atens to harm NSBS Executive member reputations, including my own.  I ackno=
wledge that you did not identify anyone by name, but the very short list of=
 NSHA Executive is publicly available, as is eBird data.  In addition, I am=
 aware that the information that was =91pointed out=92 to you was related t=
o my own eBird reports.

As the president of the NSBS, I felt it was important for me to monitor thi=
s listserv and get to know you all.  I have rarely contributed because I am=
 relatively new to this community and I wanted to make sure I learned and r=
espected group norms.  However, I felt that it was important that I communi=
cate to you now, to set the record straight and to make a couple requests.

First, Don, I ask that you simply stop targeting me and other members of th=
e NSBS Executive.  We are answerable to the authorities, not to you.
Second, to all, I acknowledge that it is not the content you signed up for =
and I ask that you kindly tolerate this email.

It is my sincere hope that we are able to let this thread fade away so that=
 we can get back to sharing stories about nature.

Sincerely,
Diane LeBlanc