[NatureNS] Re: pending regulations on feeding wildlife

Received-SPF: pass (kirk.glinx.com: authenticated connection) receiver=kirk.glinx.com; client-ip=45.2.193.48; helo=[192.168.0.102]; envelope-from=dwebster@glinx.com; x-software=spfmilter 2.001 http://www.acme.com/software/spfmilter/ with libspf2-1.2.10;
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca
From: David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 16:42:45 -0300

v dir=3D"auto"
--------------84FB1B3A93DD6CD4F9C28368

Hi Parker & All,

         Sometimes I wonder if there is some silly factor in Halifax water.

     Council stated that climate change is a serious threat and called
for immediate action but a few months later they ordered a fleet of new
large diesel Transit Buses with a running life of 40 years when clearly
they should be small and electric.

     I have feared climate change for 60 years as the only real problem
we face so sent a long letter to Council and Mayor, right after they
announced their concern, describing actions which they might wish to
consider; no acknowledgement, no response. So their position on climate
change was hollow window dressing by cheerful liars to make their record
look good.

     HRM apparently includes a true urban area where many would not
recognize a backhoe if they saw one and a rural area where half of the
residents own one. What a great idea.

     There was a great flap a year or two ago when someone applied for
and got a building permit,  bought land in rural HRM on which to build
the house but then were stalled because the driveway to the house was
too long. So far as I recall that "problem" was never resolved.

     This brings to mind a farmer whose house was a long ways from the
public highway; no kidding. So his driveway was very long. A visitor
once commented "Your driveway is awfully long" and he replied-- "If it
was any shorter it wouldn't reach".

     Put people in a closed room with an internal combustion engine
running and they will soon be all dead. Put as many people in the same
room to smoke all day and they will all emerge alive. But when one
person smokes on a sidewalk, while traffic sails past non-stop, the
smoker is singled out as endangering others. Get real folks.

     So relax, Big Brother will take care of you. And given an
opportunity; everybody.

Enough rant for one time. Must get supper ready.

Yt, DW, Kentville