[NatureNS] eBird Global Big and WMBD

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 21:22:41 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--000000000000c89bed05a47710ee

In addition, Paul Lagasi, a seasoned birder from Ont, and with connections
to NS, is organizing a cross-Canada big day just from people's' property.
So if you are birding on our from your property on May 9, whether it's a
big country property or a window in a city apartment, please consider
copying your lists to him at bigpropertysit2020@gmail.com. it's not a
contest, just a fun day to see how many bird species can be seen across
Canada while staying the blazes home.

Richard Stern
sternrichard@gmail.com
(Sent from my Android device)

On Wed., Apr. 29, 2020, 8:00 p.m. Larry Bogan, <larry@bogan.ca> wrote:

> This year the eBird Global Big day is on the second Saturday of May (9th)
> and is the same day as the  World Migration Bird Day. One activity for WMBD
> is to do a census of bird and suggest participants to use eBird. Guidlines
> for the Global Big Day are available at
> https://ebird.org/news/global-big-day-9-may-2020
>
> Information on  WMBD is at https://www.worldmigratorybirdday.org/
> which has the theme of connectivity with birds.
>
> In the past various regions of Nova Scotia has had a spring migration
> count on the Second saturday of May. I plan to go birding locally that day
> and I hope naturalists all over Nova Scotia will census  birds on May 9  in
> their area and report it on eBird.
>
> Stay Safe and enjoy natural history as best you can.
>
> Larry
> Member Blomidon Naturalists Society
> Past President of Nature Nova Scotia
>
> Larry Bogan
> Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia

--000000000000c89bed05a47710ee

 with connections to NS, is organizing a cross-Canada big day just from peo=
ple&#39;s&#39; property. So if you are birding on our from your property on=
 May 9, whether it&#39;s a big country property or a window in a city apart=
ment, please consider copying your lists to him at <a href=3D"mailto:bigpro=
pertysit2020@gmail.com">bigpropertysit2020@gmail.com</a>. it&#39;s not a co=
ntest, just a fun day to see how many bird species can be seen across Canad=
a while staying the blazes home.<br><br><div data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signat=
ure"><br>Richard Stern<br><a href=3D"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternri=
ail_attr">On Wed., Apr. 29, 2020, 8:00 p.m. Larry Bogan, &lt;<a href=3D"mai=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;pad=
ding-left:1ex">This year the eBird Global Big day is on the second Saturday=
 of May (9th)=C2=A0 and is the same day as the=C2=A0 World Migration Bird D=
ay. One activity for WMBD is to do a census of bird and suggest participant=
s to use eBird. Guidlines for the Global Big Day are available at <a href=
=3D"https://ebird.org/news/global-big-day-9-may-2020" rel=3D"noreferrer nor=
eferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://ebird.org/news/global-big-day-9-may-2020=
</a><br>
Information on=C2=A0 WMBD is at <a href=3D"https://www.worldmigratorybirdda=
y.org/" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://www.worldmi=
gratorybirdday.org/</a><br>
which has the theme of connectivity with birds.<br>
In the past various regions of Nova Scotia has had a spring migration count=
 on the Second saturday of May. I plan to go birding locally that day and I=
 hope naturalists all over Nova Scotia will census=C2=A0 birds on May 9=C2=
=A0 in their area and report it on eBird.<br>
Stay Safe and enjoy natural history as best you can.<br>
Larry<br>
Member Blomidon Naturalists Society<br>
Past President of Nature Nova Scotia<br>
Larry Bogan<br>
Brooklyn Corner, Nova Scotia<br>

--000000000000c89bed05a47710ee--