[NatureNS] Covid lock down

From: N Robinson <nrobbyn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 09:46:26 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

&gt;&gt; towards those s
--000000000000c63f5605a4958ae4

Thank you, Stephen.

I have been trying to get a grasp of the actual death rate.  This site
provides a way of calculating (estimating) the death rate while an epidemic
is still ongoing, pointing out that the formula "deaths/cases" is
misleading; so you have to use a "Case Fatality Rate" instead:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-death-rate/#compariso=

Obviously we need more data.  Shouldn't the overall death rate be broken
down giving the age range and underlying conditions as well, to be really
meaningful?  This site does not do that.

I think the doctors' video was pulled from YouTube because it went viral -
so perhaps considered too influential in the politicized atmosphere in the
U.S.

Nancy