[NatureNS] Otter

From: "GayleMacLean" <duartess@EastLink.ca>
To: naturens <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 10:17:49 -0300

--Boundary_(ID_7tNQ0pxdpF9kIHphOlZTOg)

Hi All,

Got a FB message from my neighbour, a couple of houses up, last night, alerting me to the fact that she had just seen a large otter crossing our street here in Dartmouth & going into my backyard.
Now, that is definitely a first! For my yard anyway!! Seen lots of cool birds, but never an otter!
And yes, my neighbour knows an otter when she sees one.
We are close to Lake Banook and there is a brook that goes down the edge of the green belt adjacent to our backyards.

Gayle MacLean
Dartmouth