[NatureNS] My first in Nova Scotia: a single TV

From: Richard Stern <sternrichard@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 22:23:39 -0300
To: NatureNS <naturens@chebucto.ns.ca>

--0000000000006713b305a6ab2e04

Go to the Yarmouth, Brier Island or Bridgetown areas of NS and there's a
good chance of seeing flocks of 10+. And they're slowly spreading all
around the province.  We saw 42 one evening last winter over Bridgetown.
They are still not common in the Metro area.

Richard Stern
sternrichard@gmail.com
(Sent from my Android device)

On Wed., May 27, 2020, 10:10 p.m. Bob Lindsay, <rhlindsay@accesswave.ca>
wrote:

> The only time I saw a Turkey Vulture was in Ottawa about 10 or 15 years
> ago ...
> until yesterday that is.
>
> I was returning to my car after visiting the Babes in The Wood homestead
> east of Dartmouth. It's on a woods road between the Lake Loon Golf Centre
> and Topsail Lake (historically King Lake) that goes to a cell phone tower.
> There was a single TV soaring and slowly circling above the road.
>
> Incidentally, if you don't know the Babes in the Wood story, then look for
> the book in the Halifax Regional library system when it reopens, or perhaps
> there are still copies in the Dartmouth Heritage Museum. Failing that,
> email me.
>

> *Melancholy Mountain: What Happened in 1842? *Bob Lindsay
> Dartmouth

--0000000000006713b305a6ab2e04

 of NS and there&#39;s a good chance of seeing flocks of 10+. And they&#39;=
re slowly spreading all around the province.=C2=A0 We saw 42 one evening la=
st winter over Bridgetown. They are still not common in the Metro area.<br>=
"mailto:sternrichard@gmail.com">sternrichard@gmail.com</a><br>(Sent from my=
ote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Wed., May 27, 2020, 10:10 p.m=
. Bob Lindsay, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rhlindsay@accesswave.ca">rhlindsay@acc=
=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
    The only time I saw a Turkey Vulture was in Ottawa about 10 or 15
    years ago ...<br>
    until yesterday that is.<br>
    I was returning to my car after visiting the Babes in The Wood
    homestead east of Dartmouth. It&#39;s on a woods road between the Lake
    Loon Golf Centre and Topsail Lake (historically King Lake) that goes
    to a cell phone tower. There was a single TV soaring and slowly
    circling above the road.<br>
    Incidentally, if you don&#39;t know the Babes in the Wood story, then
    look for the book in the Halifax Regional library system when it
    reopens, or perhaps there are still copies in the Dartmouth Heritage
    Museum. Failing that, email me. <br>
    <u>Melancholy Mountain: What Happened in 1842?<br>
    </u>Bob Lindsay<br>
    Dartmouth<br>
    =C2=A0=C2=A0 <br>

--0000000000006713b305a6ab2e04--