Re: [NatureNS] Stove Blacking and heat transmission

From: N Robinson <nrobbyn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 23:11:36 -0300
To: naturens@chebucto.ns.ca

--00000000000045374805a6abcdf2

Re the blacking, when living in Montreal in an old house with hot water
furnace and radiators , I wondered at a certain point if the radiators
would radiate more heat if they were painted black.  I couldn't find
anything on the net, probably because I did not know what question to ask.
It was just a hunch, because black absorbs more heat; but this heat would
be coming from the inside, so to speak...?

Still don't know but perhaps David's discovery holds the answer.

I did not paint them black and did not use my chimes to test anything.

Nancy

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 10:44 PM David Webster <dwebster@glinx.com> wrote:

> Hi again Henk & All,
>     Original box found; says "Swedish Angel Chimes" on main panel: "Angel
> Chimes A Product of Swedish Handicraft" on end tab.
> YT, DW, Kentville

--=20
Nancy Robinson
514-605-7186

--00000000000045374805a6abcdf2

 living in Montreal in an old house with hot water furnace and radiators , =
I wondered at a certain point if the radiators would radiate more heat if t=
hey were painted black.=C2=A0 I couldn&#39;t