Amiga Browser Software
- Mosaic v1.2
- Mosaic v1.2
Amiga Mosaic is a networked information discovery, retrieval, and
collaboration tool and World Wide Web browser.
Mosaic provides a hypertext interface to the global Internet.
Hypertext is text which contains highlighted links, called hyperlinks
or anchors, to other texts. Each highlighted phrase (in color or
underlined) is a hyperlink to another document or information resource
somewhere on the Net.
- ALynx is the Amiga port of Unix/VMS Lynx. It's a distributed hypertext
browser with full World Wide Web capabilities. It is fully textbased,
runs in a CLI window or on a separate screen. Graphics/sound can be
(dis)played by external viewers like MultiView.
forms, mail, news (readonly), ftp, telnet, gopher, proxys,
printing, saving, links on inline-graphics, external editors,
bookmarkfiles, history, search within pages, different
character sets, vi/emacs-keys, keypad navigation, numbered
links, redefinable keymap, mail comment to author of page,
local edit of pages, shortcut jump-to-url, debug trace-mode,
toggle image links, toggle pseudo inlines, abort transfer
without loosing already transfered data, several restrictions
to set up for BBS support, # cache pages configurable, dump
page (displayed or source for script access), etc. etc.
- AWeb is a World Wide Web browser for the Amiga computer.
- Voyager v1.0
- Voyager 1.0 is a freely distributable WWW browser for AmigaOS.
Its range of features covers:
See the VaporWare Homepage for the
latest version of Voyager, as well as other Amiga net software!
- It's faaaast. On the average, Voyager outruns any other available Amiga
Web browser by a factor of two.
- Supports the full HTML-2 standard as described in RFC-1866, including
It doesn't want to be a reference implementation, though, and tries to
the best even out of malformed documents.
- Supports many proposed so called HTML-3 extensions.
- Supports Client Side Image Maps.
- Supports Netscape-Level 1 (NHTML) extensions, including (center),
images, background images and text coloring (both RGB and named colors).
- Supports HTTP access authorization.
- Supports ftp, gopher and wais via proxy.
- Supports news: usenet news reading and posting.
- Supports interfacing to mail readers and telnet clients for mailto::
and telnet: URLs.
- Document cache with optional automatic last-modified-date-based verify.
- Versatile hierarchical bookmark system, allowing export in HTML format,,
menu selection and drag'n'drop sorting.
- Full support for true color displays with V43 datatypes.
- Asynchronous network handling. Multiple windows..
- works with Miami, AmiTCP, r2, inet225 and mlink.
- can be used without a network package as a local file viewer
(esspecially useful with client-side-image-maps)
Get your own Chebucto account
Look here for our available services and prices!
Accounts for individuals, families, non-profit groups and small
Help promote us!
Who we are, what we do
and how you can help
Our Premium Internet Access
Non-Profit Highspeed Access