Windows 3.1 Communications Software
Here are several evaluations of
Windows Communications Software. If you are using a Communications
Program that has not been reviewed we would welcome your contribution.
- WinComm LITE
- WinComm LITE supports upload and download files using X, Y, and
Zmodem, and CompuServe B+ protocols, and includes support for the most
common terminal emulations (VT52/100, ANSI, TTY and CompuServe). WinComm
LITE is a scaled down model of WinComm
- Download a free copy of
LITE. (814,000 k).
You are required to register the product (no charge - using a 1-800 ...
- Shareware comm program. Supports x/y/zmodem, dialing directories,
log files, scripts, cut and paste, and ANSI/VT100/TTY emulations. However,
the VT100 option is disabled for unregistered version. So to use this with CCN,
you will have to register it.
- Telix For Windows
- Shareware. Extremely full-featured communications program. Includes
support for X/Y/ZModem, Kermit, Many terminal emulations (VT100, VT320, ANSI,
TTY, etc.) Powerful scripting language, log files, dialing directory, and
direct support for many BBS front ends. $99.00 registration fee.
- WinQVT is a basic VT220/102/52 terminal emulator and communications program.
Supports X/Y/ZModem, and Kermit. Presumably freeware, since there is no
- Kermit for Windows
- Kermit terminal emulator for Windows 3.1. Supports Kermit protocol
and vt100 emulation. Public domain, includes source code in C.
Get your own Chebucto account
Look here for our available services and prices!
Accounts for individuals, families, non-profit groups and small
Help promote us!
Who we are, what we do
and how you can help
Our Premium Internet Access
Non-Profit Highspeed Access