Getting Your Files onto CCN
After this session, IPs should be able to upload their HTML documents to
CCN, test, and Install them in the appropriate directories.
that sample HTML documents * must * be
made available in your public directory for the IP Trainer or Coach's
approval before you will receive credit for this course.
Prerequisite Course Outlines
IP Training 1 and
IP Training 2,
or equivalent skills.
As well, an assignment will be completed.
Users should be registered IPs (including signed IP agreement).
- Getting files into your home directory
- Via dial-up: uploading using a communications program
- Via Internet: mailing files to your CCN account and editing them
- Having your IP Directory Created
- Testing your HTML files within your home directory
- Installing files into the appropriate CCN directory
- use Install option in the File Manager
- need to have install privileges on the directory
- RCS - Revision Control System
- what it is
- why it is used
- Editing files that have already been installed
- Editing privileges
- Getting a link from the CCN menus to your files
- contact the appropriate second-page editor after you have installed you
r files, or
email request to CCN-ip (IP committee)
A sample docuument or URL of what is intended to be installed must be
submitted to the IP Trainer before receiving credit for IP3.
If you would like to try out the new IP Proficiency test, you can obtain a