Links to files in home directory

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 01:52:59 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Simon D. Williams" <bb065@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Simon,

   When zipping files or sending via email, some computers will set
permissions to the owner only and this results in broken files which need
their permissions reset.

   I find ProTERM is excellent in retaining proper permissions so you are
probably correct in assuming that the email-sent files were broken.  It's
an odd anomoly we run into every now and then which is why we set up the
ability to fix them by the user.  When we first started encountering the
problem years ago, the techs would set the permissions correctly but that
took up their valuable time so we automated it for the users.

Tony @ CCN-Help

-------