Links to files in home directory

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:01:04 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Simon D. Williams" <bb065@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Simon,

   The syntax for viewing any item in your public_html directory is your
CCN address + the name of the file in question.  An example would be:

     apple2.jpg

if you had a picture of the Apple II called apple2.jpg in your public_html
directory which you wanted the world to see.  If you want the file to be
located within your index.html, you just need to use:

               apple2.jpg

and the link would work as it would be tied within your index.html.  Your
url for your index.html only needs to be:

        Simon's page

   You see that index.html file in your public_html directory will served
up automatically by CCN as the default.  I simply make my Profile.html a
clone of my index.html and both files will be served up as CCN also
recognizes the Profile.html, as it was set up long before the index files
became standard.

   Also make sure the permissions didn't get skewed upon uploading which
occasionally occurs when using some terminal programs, although I've nver
had a problem with ProTerm.  To fix permission problems, go into your
public_html directory from your file directory, highlight the file in
question and then press 'm' for modify and 'p' for permissions.  This will
bring up a page showing whether the file is viewable only by you or the
world.  Select whichever radio buttons you need to make the file
readable/writable by whomever you wish and submit the change which is
immediate.

   Let us know if you need further assistance and if this solved your
problem.

Tony @ CCN Help