File access for download??

Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 16:49:21 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Ben Fullerton <benf@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Ben,

    What you 'see' when you g)o files is a mail/ folder that is no longer
being used or updated by PINE as the incoming mail is being collected and
saved on another computer.  You can delete everything in the mail/ folder
in your files directory to remove the remnants of it.  Delete the actual
mail/ folder itself as it's no longer required as well.  You can download
whatever you want from it before you do but everything that was in that
folder had been duplicated in the new folder that was set up at the
changeover.

    With the new PINE setup, go into PINE and e)xport full folders or
separate messages to your files folder.  The export command still works as
before.  It's just that the mail will not be automatically saved to your
files directory.  If you use an ftp program to get files from your
account, get Thunderbird to get your email the same way.

    As for your folder arrow key problem, there have been many new commands
added to PINE and this one has been split into two commands, the second
one hasn't been automatically checked off as it should be.  Go into PINE
configuration:  m)odify  s)ystem  c)onfiguration and scroll down to:

[ Advanced Command Preferences ]

                     [ ] enable-arrow-navigation-relaxed

    and select it:

                     [X] enable-arrow-navigation-relaxed

    Save your changes while exiting:  e)xit and  s)ave configuration.
Your arrow keys will now scroll vertically as well as horizontally.

    Let us know if you require further clarification or assistance.

Tony @ CCN Help