Odd mail report...

Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:36:38 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Ambros Prechtl <waterbuf@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Ambros,

    Many times, spammers will use email addresses that they skimmed
from groups such as Yahoo, Google etc and newsgroups as well as web
pages to use as phoney 'senders' so that any bounce reports (due to
non-delivery) will be returned to the innocnet party whose email
address has been used as sender.  That way the spammer doesn't have to
create a fake return address and they never have to be bothered with
returns.

    The moral of this story is to limit the instances that your email
address appears on the internet, whether it be in newsgroups,
Yahoo/Google groups or on web pages.  The more it's out there, the
more vulnerable it is to being lifted for a spammer's use.

Tony @ CCN Help