Text messages going to JUNKMAIL.

Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 01:04:44 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Stephen Craig <ag011@chebucto.ns.ca>

Hi Stephen,

    On your PLUS homepage [http://plus.chebucto.org] or through your
text account [g)spam], you can change your spam settings from putting
everything in the JUNKMAIL folder to allowing eberything to come
through.  Unfortunately, this means that all the other junk will also
come through unfiltered.

    Messages sometimes resemble spam, especially if they have an ad at
the bottom like a lot of services add; such as Yahoo. Google etc.
These ads can trigger the spam filter.  I'm not familar with Aliant
texting but if it contains ads within the message, this is probably
triggering the filter.  There may be another explanation but we
haven't had any other reports of this problem.

    As for images, the filter deletes certain image files even if
they're contained within a zipped file.  Bitmaps are automatically
deleted as they've been especially vunerable to hackers and virus
creators who send viruses through the bitmaps.  Also metafiles and
pif's are removed prior to delivery.  This is a system-wide filter
and can't be adjusted to allow some to pass in the event the bad ones
get through.

Tony @ CCN help