Chebucto file transfer? IP-Install...

Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:22:00 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

archiving.....

Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 00:11:45 -0300 (ADT)
To: Y.S. Tong <taiji@chebucto.ca>

Hi Yau-Sun,

    Using, either, CCN's IP install process or simple file movement, it's a
piece of cake.

    For IP install: Simply highlight the file you want and press 'I' (that's an
upper case letter I - without the quotes) and it should bring up a menu of file
destinations that you have permission in which to install.  Select the
directory you want and press ENTER/Return to make it so.  Installing the file
in this manner will create a copy of the file in question in the directory you
choose.

    File destination folders must all start with an upper case letter so you
might not see 'photos-folder/' as it doesn't have an upper case letter 'P'.  In
that case, install it to the Tong/ directory and go to your IP directory and
m)ove it.

    For file movement: Another direct way is to m)ove the file itself directly
into the directory you want.  Highlight the file in question and use the
following syntax:

              ml /csuite/info/Culture/Tong/photos-folder
                 ^
               slash

    Make sure you have the slash at the beginning of the all the filenames to
tell the system to start at the base file storage area and work up from there;
othewise it will look in your account for the following folders and, unless you
have that exact path duplicated there, it will not find it.  M)oving the file
will not create another copy of the file but will use the file itself.

    To return any files to your home account that you no longer wish to have in
your IP site, go into your IP site file directory and use the syntax: ml ~/
(tilde slash) while highlighting the file in question.

    Let us know if you have any further problems or if your install menu doesn't
show the directory in question.

Tony @ CCN Help