Setting up Palm t/x for receiving and sending mail

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 03:50:20 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "J. Douglas W. Peverill" <aw576@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Doug,

    When you're connected to Chebucto, your settings would be:

    POP3 (receive mail server): pop.chebucto.ns.ca
    SMTP (send mail server): smtp.chebucto.ns.ca

    However, when you're connecting via another provider, you need to
set your SMTP to whatever setting the provider uses.  For example,
Eastlink would be: smtp.eastlink.ca.  This is set up to prevent
outside spammers from using Chebucto's mail server to forward emails
when they are not connected to Chebucto at all.  This used to happen
years ago before we closed the loophole.

CCN Help