Outgoing Email

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:12:43 -0300 (ADT)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: wayne ayre <ayre@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Wayne. Rude or not there are only so many hours in the day and
we don't always have time to return every call, particularly the ones that
don't leave a return phone number.

 	In this case your problem is not one with Chebucto. As you've been
told by another volunteer, the Chebucto SMTP (send mail) server can only
be used from a Chebucto connection. This is the case for every provider
out there - you can only use the SMTP server of your network provider.

 	When you are on an Aliant internet connection, you must use the
Aliant SMTP server. You can download mail from Chebucto using POP3 or IMAP
from an Aliant connection, but to send mail you must use the Aliant SMTP
server.

 	To the best of my knowledge the Aliant SMTP server is
smtp1.sympatico.ca and they do not support any encryption or require a
user login or password. To the best of my knowledge your outgoing mail can
still say it is from ayre@chebucto.ns.ca though not all providers support
this.

 	Since we are not Aliant and Internet Providers do not provide tech
support for other providers, you should consult your provider to make sure
of this information. If you have trouble with the Aliant SMTP server, you
need to contact Aliant about it, not us.