Outgoing Email

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:02:25 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: wayne ayre <ayre@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Wayne,

    You should have mentioned that you were using another provider for
your initial source.

    Due to ever-increasing spammers trying to send spam through
unsecured servers, CCN, along with most other ISPs, started blocking
SMTP that comes from other providers.  In other words, you need to be
connected to Chebucto PLUS in order to use our SMTP server.  The same
would apply to Aliant, Eastlink, Sympatico etc.

    Change your SMTP settings to: smtp.aliant.net and everything should
work for you.  Make sure you spell it correctly as it won't work if
the letters are reversed.  It's SMTP (for Send Mail Transport
Protocol).

CCN Help