Junk Mail - High Volume

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 18:30:37 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: David Patrick Lyons <dlyons@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi David,

    That's where they are supposed to go when the filters are working
properly.  It's when they show up in the INBOX is when the spammers
are getting smarter and rigging their spam to avoid even the toughest
filters around today, that we worry.  Now that the mailboxes have been
expanded in size, there is a lot more room for storage of junkmail that
will be held for a month in that folder and then be deleted.

    As we toughen up the rules for the filters, there is the possibility
that some legitimate email that resembles spam (such as some Yahoo, AOL
etc mailings) which put ads in their emails, might get snagged by the
filters.  If that happens and a user is expecting the email and it doesn't
show up, then they can check the junkmail folder to see if it shows up
there.  It's erring on the side of caution.

    You can always go into that folder, select all and delete them, if
you wish by using the following:   ;AAD (semi-colon, the letter 'a'
twice and then the letter 'd'.  When junkmail ends up in the junkmail
folder, your filters are working as they should be.

CCN Help