urgent question!!

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 23:41:47 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Katherin O'Carroll <ah321@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Katherin,

    If you are over-quota in your home directory, type "gfiles" (without
the quotes) for the shortcut "go files".  You will be in your home
directory.  Remove whatever files you no longer need and then type
"gquota" to recheck your quota.  If you have already looked at your
quota during the current session, press Control-R to re-read it to get
the updated report.

    If you are now still over quota in your home directory, you will have
to look for other files to delete.  The left-arrow key should return you
to your home directory if you used "gquota" from there.  Look for other
files.  You should see a file called lynx_bookmarks.html (unless you have
never saved a bookmark).  If you have bookmarked a lot of places, this
file could be large.  You can download this file to save all of the
bookmarks before removing any if you wish.  Then press "v" for "view
bookmarks" and select those bookmarks you are no longer interested in
and press "r" for remove and "y" for yes for each bookmark you no longer
need then exit from the bookmark file.

    Now, look for other files in your home directory and in your
subdirectories.  Mail you have saved with "e" for export will also be in
your home directory.  Download what you wish to keep and then tag the
files by selecting each file and pressing "t" for tag.  Then press "r"
for remove and "y" for yes to delete them.  News articles you have saved
will be in a subdirectory called "News/".  If you select "News/" you will
get a new directory listing.  Any files there may be downloaded.  Then
press "t" for "tag" by each file you no longer need and then press "r"
for remove and "y" to confirm to delete those files.  Use the left arrow
to return to your home directory and then look in the directory called
"mail/".  This directory is no longer used by the system and can be
cleaned out and deleted.  Your mail resides in another area and is
imported to your account when you type "gmail".

    Note that you don't have to delete everything.  Just enough to get
below quota.  Your "public_html/" directory (the only directory that
others can look at) only has a tiny home page so you shouldn't have any
problems with that.  If these instructions don't bring you below quota,
contact userhelp again if you require further assistance.

Tony @ CCN Help