486 in text mode set up

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 00:09:08 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: John Dennis Elliott <ap721@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

    You can use HyperTerminal:

    (Select START->Programs->Accessories->Communications->HyperTerminal)
You may need to download HT5 (or higher) from the internet as early
versions had a problems with downloading.

    Use these settings:

     1. Telephone Number: 494-8006
     2. Protocols
           + 8 bits (options are usually 7 or 8)
           + No parity (options are usually even, odd, or none)
           + 1 stop bit (options are usually 0, 1, or 2)
     3. Terminal Emulation: default vt100/102 (vt220 and vt320 also
        supported)
     4. The phone number for your modem to dial is 494-8006.
     5. If your telephone service includes the call waiting feature you
        should disable call-waiting during this call only.

CCN Help