help needed for Chebucto file transfer?

Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 16:02:45 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Y.S. Tong" <taiji@chebucto.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Yau-Sun,

   If you're using a Mac, are you using OSX or Classic?  Do you have
ZTerm, the communications terminal program for Mac?  Versions for both OSX
and Classic are available free in our Public Download Area:

                  http://www.chebucto.ca/Services/PDA

    in the Macintosh section.  Download and install whichever version works
for your operating system, providing you're not already running ZTerm.
This program allows for telnet connections over a PPP connection via PLUS
or for direct dial-up through the text service.

    Once it is installed, start up ZTerm and select Settings and
Connection: enter the necessary dialing information for connecting to CCN
in the dialing directory, such as the service name, phone number (in the
case of direct dial-up: 4948006, pre-dial init: (this would be for call
waiting etc), account: your userid, password: your 'mail' password, not
your PLUS pasword here, data rate: 57,600, parity: none, data bits: 8,
stop bits: 1 and flow control: hardware handshaking.

    Now select Settings, Transfer Options and select ZModem for Send and
Receive.  Next, select Settings, Modem Preferences and select Serial Port
Internal Modem.  It asks for a Modem setup string, I don't know if you'll
need this but my iMac uses: AT&FM0&K3^M.  Lastly, select Settings, Receive
folder and use the options to select whatever folder you would prefer to
have any downloads go to.  Now select Dial and Save Setup to record all
your changes so that ZTerm will know what to do from hereon out.

     Now select Dial and you will see your entry for Chebucto at the bottom
of the list.  As an alternative, you can also telnet while you are
connected to PLUS and it will prompt you for a hostname: chebucto.ca)
Connect and you will get the text screen prompt asking you for your userid
and password (if you already haven't entered it in the options).  Type
'gfiles' to enter your files directory on CCN and then press 'u' for
upload and enter a filename.  You can use any simple filename such as
'test' as CCN will use the uploaded files's proper name once it is
received.  The temporary filename is just a placeholder until your file is
uploaded.

    Once CCN is expecting your upload, use the drop down menu to select
File and Send ZModem (not send files).  This will open a box to allow you
to select whatever files you want to send to CCN from your Mac.  As soon
as you select a file, select Add and then Start and your file will upload.
You may need to set file permissions once it is on CCN as sometimes file
permissions are set by the home computer and CCN will not recognize a
publically viewable file until the permissions are set online.  To do
this, highlight the file once it is on CCN and type 'f' and 'p' (for set
permissions) and make the file readable/writable/executable by you, the
group, or the world and save the changes.

    Let us know if you need further clarification on any of these
instructions or if you require further assistance on anything else.

Tony @ CCN Help