Chebucto Problems Persist

Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:39:02 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: "Alexander E. Mackinnon" <ar688@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca, office@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Sandy,

    Spyware, ad-ware and malware all put entries into the registry, making
them almost impossible to remove once they're there.  SpyBot takes control
of registry entries and lets you know each and every time something wants
to make or change a registry entry.  That's what those prompts are for.
SpyBot is watching your back each and every time you go on the internet as
there are so many malicious scams out there waiting to lodge themselves in
your registry and they will add themselves to your registry secretly until
your system stops working one day.

    You can turn that service off and allow everything to just come through
and your system should run faster.  If you wish, try the free version of
Ad-Aware.  That one doesn't watch the registry.  There are a bunch of
'SpyBot-like' programs which are actually spyware themselves so you have
to be careful and download something that is dependable.  I can't
recommend any other programs as I only use those two.

    Get SpyBot v1.5 from: www.spybotupdates.biz/files/spybotsd15.exe

    It doesn't have the registry minder and will work faster for you.  When
you select 'download updates' each time you use it, don't select the main
application (1.62) update as that will download the newest version and
overwrite your older version.  The older version should be more to your
liking.

CCN Help