Mail Reader Installation...

Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:58:55 -0300 (ADT)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Marilyn Langille <henrimarilyn@yahoo.ca>

Hi Marilyn,

    CCN Userhelp is primarily used for the assistance of Chebucto Community Net
users and their interaction with CCN and the internet and not a general
question and answer list.

    That said; without knowing what system you're running, makes it difficult to
offer a suggestion.  In older Windows systems, you could select options to add
features to Windows; Outlook being one of them.  I have no idea how newer
Windows systems allow you to get Outlook back.

    If you're a CCN user, we advise you to use Thunderbird instead of Outlook,
as it offers all of the features Outlook does as well as many more options. The
biggest advantage to Thunderbird is that it is much more secure than Outlook.
You can get Thunderbird free, from www.mozilla.org/. Just run the executable
and it will install on your computer.

    Also, if you're using Internet Explorer, we would advise that you switch to
Firefox, also free from Mozilla, as it is much more secure than IE.  There is
an option when you install Firefox, to import all of your bookmarks from IE, so
you won't miss out on all your saved bookmarked locations.

CCN Help