Slow cursor - connection dropped

Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:55:57 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: John Dennis Elliott <ap721@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi John,

    It could be problems with the phone lines between Halifax and Truro.
The power company likes to blame salt air for power diruptions.  Who
knows, maybe the phone company suffers the same problems.  Everything is
running up to specs here.

    If it's any consolation, Eastlink customers are reporting a marked
slowdown in internet traffic and their connections, in general.  This is
an unfortunate downside of having millions of school kids being home for
the holidays and all internet systems handling a much increased load.

    I'm using the text service, which is flying along as I type this, at
2:50 p.m. in the afternoon.  Hopefully, you will notice an upswing in
speed soon.  Let us know if this continues.  The mail system had
experienced a problem a couple of days ago but it's running fine now.

Happy holidays,

Tony @ CCN Help