Windows 7 set up

Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:49:56 -0400 (AST)
From: CCN Help <ch1@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Roslyn Duffus <rduffus@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: help-answers@chebucto.ns.ca

Hi Roslyn,

    I don't know if W7 contains HyperTerminal any longer.  If not, you can
download it from our PDA under the Windows section.  From your Lynx
prompt, type 'gpda' (without the quotes) and [press enter] and scroll down
to Windows 95 etc, look for Communications and you will find HTPE v5 and
others there.  HTPE v5 is a nice, small stable version and you can
download the executable file to run on your computer.  Set it up the same
way you did for your old system.

    If you use your old computer to download it, just copy the executable
file over to a small USB thumb drive and copy it onto your new computer.
If you don't have a thumb drive, just burn a cd with the file to move over
to your new computer.  The executable file is a self-unzipping file and
will install the program for you.  All you need to do is specify whether
you wnt it dial in or telnet in on a PLUS account.  For dialup, the number
is 494-8006.  For telnet, select the TCP/IP setting instead of modem.

    Let us know if you require further assistance with this.

CCN Help