mail backlog?

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:05:48 -0400 (AST)
From: "Andrew D. Wright" <awright@chebucto.ns.ca>
To: Audrey Samson <aa133@chebucto.ns.ca>

 	Hi Audrey. Nope, nothing remotely like a 12-18 hour jam in the
mail graphs. The pattern these days is for intense floods of spam that all
hit at once, creating a spike of mail that is usually delivered within an
hour or so. Usually there are several of these spikes in any given day.
Between last night and noon today there were no such spikes. The noon
spike of mail today peaked around 1 pm was all delivered by 2 pm.

 	It's certainly possible that there delays in transit from the
source or any of the intermediate servers that handled the mail. The full
message headers of the mail will show the path the mail took and when it
was handed off from one mail server to another.